SAFETY AND WELLNESS
At Marek we recognize the direct connection between safety and wellness .As part of our values we are dedicated to our people and provide extensive training and opportunities to improve their safety and wellness on a daily basis. Safety and wellness means investing in our most valuable asset, our employees.
Required of all new Marek employees, this state-of-the-art course provides a detailed overview of Marek's above standard protocol for safe operations and safe work practices. Course topics include:
- Basic Safety Orientation
- Fall Protection
- Company History
- Ladder Safety
- Commitment to Safety
- Scaffold Safety
- Marek Policies
- Stretch and Flex/Body Mechanics
- Hazardous Communication (HAZCOM)
- Equipment Training
- Hand and Power Tools
- Elevated Work Platforms
- Power Industrial Trucks
- Material Handling
- Powder Actuated Tools
- Accident Prevention
- Stilt Certification
- War on Falls
In addition to Marek’s Basic Safety Orientation, all new employees will be provided with Personal Protection Equipment.
If you are a Marek employee and have not attended this orientation or if you need information on your location schedule, contact the Safety Manager in your area. You may also contact Jorge Vazquez, the corporate Safety Manager, for class schedules.
Our Wellness program is designed to educate employees about a variety of health-related topics and give them access to resources to achieve a healthy lifestyle. The program focuses on promoting good health to reduce absenteeism, improve employee morale and productivity, and improve employee retention.
- Health education focused on lifestyle behavior change and awareness, tailored to employees’ interests and needs.
- Linkage to related programs like Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Monthly newsletters with educational material
- Wellness presentations given by local doctors to teach how to lead a healthier life both at home and work