Scaffolding hazards continue to rank high on the list of the most frequently cited standards in construction. They also account for approximately 9 percent of all fatalities at construction worksites. When working on scaffolds, be sure you know and follow these SAFETY rules. We also want to remind you that we have a “ZERO TOLERANCE” for fall exposures and we will not allow people to put themselves in harms way. We are committed to safety and so are you.
1. FALL PROTECTION—A proper guardrail system must be used on all scaffold platforms above ten feet on J-line scaffold and four feet for web-tex scaffold. The personal fall protection is highly recommended where the potential exists for a free fall greater than 6 feet.
2. GETTING TO AND FROM THE WORKING PLATFORM—When scaffold platforms are more than two feet above or below an access point, scaffold ladder end, or portable ladder; must be used. You cannot use cross braces as a means of access to the working surface.
3. SCAFFOLD PLANKING—Each platform on all working levels of a scaffold must be fully planked or decked between the front uprights and the guardrail supports. This means two boards at the same level for J- line scaffold. You cannot increase your working height with a ladder, box or any unstable object.
4. FIRM FOUNDATION—Supported scaffold poles, legs, posts, frames, and uprights must bear on base plates and mudsills or other adequate firm foundation. They must meet the following requirements:
Footings must be level, sound rigid, and capable of supporting the loaded scaffold without settling or displacement.
Unstable objects must not be used to support scaffolds or platform units.
Unstable objects must not be used as working platforms.
Front-end loaders and similar pieces of equipment must not be used to support scaffold platforms unless they have been specifically designed by the manufacturer for such use.
Lock all four wheels when working on a mobile scaffold.
5. SCAFFOLD TRAINING—Each employee must be able to recognize the hazards associated with the type of scaffold being used and understand the procedures to control or minimized those hazards. If you have never worked on a scaffold before make sure you supervisor is aware of it, so that way you can receive the proper training.
REMEMBER!!!! Always use care when working on scaffolds. It’s a long way down to the ground when you’re using a scaffold.
|TBT para 04-19-21 Guerra contra las caidas violaciones de seguridad WEBSITE.pdf